Ogun State Government Job Director Strategy and Advocacy – OGUNINVEST The Ogun State Government has established an Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency – Ogun State Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency (OgunInvest) with a mandate to promote, attract and facilitate opportunities for private sector investments that will accelerate the economic development of the State.
OgunInvest will play a key role in ensuring the State leverages on its comparative advantages to drive key investment projects and support Ogun States vision to be the industrial base of the nation and preferred destination for investment in the region.
The Agency’s primary function will be to develop and implement a comprehensive investment promotion and facilitation Strategy and Implementation Plan that will enable an investor-friendly environment, able to attract Domestic and International investment and foster economic growth. This will include leading on investment promotion activities such as Greenfield investments, lead generation, investor targeting and investor aftercare activities, as well as support sector-specific policy advocacy.
- Reporting to the Director-General of OgunInvest, the Strategy and Advocacy Director will be responsible for development and delivery of OgunInvest Business strategy and action plans, undertaking risk analysis and ensuring delivery and monitoring of performance against Agency targets. The role will also oversee the delivery of advocacy functions that support private sector investment.
Function Objectives and Principal Tasks
- Coordinate the development of OgunInvest Strategy and Action Plan and monitor performance against targets
- Prepare monthly progress reports for DG and Board specifying activities undertaken by the Agency, quantify deliverables such as inquiries generated
- Calibrate the quality of projects in the pipeline- provide project parameters along with prospects of investing.
- Prepare analytical reports on ‘project conversion’ giving an accurate reason why projects were lost and elaborating on successes.
- Prepare and implement an annual operating plan aimed at focusing the Agency’s resources on activities most likely to yield results
- Monitor SLA and the quality of services provided to clients to ensure the highest level of customer care.
- Evaluation and Risk analysis of investment proposals
- Lead on research activity to identify new investment opportunities and investor expansion potential
- Conduct competitive analysis and research to develop projects to promote Ogun States competitive advantages
- Carry out business and pipeline analysis and report results for strategic planning and decision making
- Support the Business Environment Council by active participation as a council member and prepare as required position papers on specific regulatory or business environment issues that are impediments to investor clients project facilitation
- Investment Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
Key Qualifications / Competencies
- First Degree from a reputable institution with Post Graduate Qualification in a Business related field in Finance, Economics or Business related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience of which at least 5 years should have been at senior management level
- Experience of strategy and policy development gained in a corporate sector organization
- Experience in researching and identification of industry sectors/businesses targets
- Ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders to deliver solutions in a complex working environment
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with statistical analysis tools
- Strong IT skills (MS Office, SPSS and similar)
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Well-developed business networks locally and international
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive leadership and ability to persuade
- Dynamism, energy and positive disposition enough to motivate others
- Proactive with an excellent work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Fluent written and spoken English, proficiency in other local and international languages would be an advantage
OgunInvest Application Method:
Interested and qualified candidates are expected to email their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director Strategy and Advocacy – OgunInvest” as subject of the email.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Profile of previous work done relating to Investment promotion, attraction and development
- Contact details (Address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) to include State of Origin and Date of birth
If you have any Questions pertaining to this job article please do well to leave a comment below using the comment box below this post.