MSI Job Security Specialist Nigeria Monitoring Project Maiduguri Nigeria Management Systems International Nigeria is recruiting for the position of Security Specialist Nigeria Monitoring Project Maiduguri Nigeria, if you are have been aspiring to work with MSI then this job opportunity from the company is a must have job for you, application mode of this job is done online at the comfort of your home, make sure your smartphone or laptop internet is strong and fast.
The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for BHA programs in Nigeria that will increase BHA and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
- Please note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Security Specialist will manage all facility, vehicle, and personnel security and safety functions in support of the NMP Maiduguri regional office and all associated field monitoring and verification activities. This position may require regular travel throughout the Northeast Nigerian states. This position will be based full-time in the NMP Regional Office in Maiduguri and will work under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Assess regional communications requirements and needs
- Ensure the availability of appropriate communications technology
- Orient all staff to emergency communication procedures and technology
- Test the emergency communication system regularly, analyze results, and make revisions
- Maintain an updated emergency communication contact list
- Develop and maintain liaison with police, government agencies, local authorities, local leadership, and other stakeholders within Northeast regional municipalities
- Establish a methodology for monitoring, assessing, and reporting security/safety-related information that impacts NMP project staff, operations, information, and plans
- Process all required security clearances for regional/area travel and habitation
- Harmonize plans with the NMP Field Coordinator to track NMP staff movements
- Develop and disseminate regular, up-to-date Security Situation briefs to all NMP staff
- Conduct regular security surveys of office and nearby residential areas
- Prepare and maintain updated security training materials and ensure that all regional staff receive appropriate security orientations within the first days of employment/arrival
- Collaborate with the Field Coordinator to identify assigned activity locations
- Conduct remote reconnaissance, route analysis, and threat assessments for all travel to planned M&V activity sites
- Maintain the NMP “Safety Decision Support Matrix” to formalize a process for confronting safety and security challenges
- Develop and promote project related plans and other plans as directed
- Supervise the regular tasks and schedules for security guards and drivers
- Conduct regular safety and security training with project staff and consultants
- Maintain a working relationship with the USAID Partner Liaison Security Office (PLSO)
- Develop new safety and security standard operating procedures as needed
- Develop and implement COVID-19 mitigation protocols
- Complete Field Deployment checks to prepare, coordinate and debrief all NMP staff field movements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Management or related field required
- At minimum five years of relevant experience working in other international projects in Nigeria
- Demonstrated understanding of security issues in North East (NE) Nigeria, including local conflict dynamics, physical security, the role of local security forces, and safety and security best practices
- Relevant experience in assessing risk, crisis management, information gathering and analysis, training large groups of staff on safety/security in the field, required
- Experience working with an International NGO and/or USAID implementing partner in NE Nigeria is required
- Ability to travel to local and remote sites in NE Nigeria, as needed
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with supported subcontractors and staff
- Familiarity with United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) air movement requirements and protocols
- Fluent English Required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
How to Apply for MSI – Management Systems International job recruitment
Applying for MSI job is like applying for every other jobs, many Company’s have set jup job application portal in order to reduce the number of applicants coming to submit CV’s in line with Nigeria WHO covid19 health guidelines, if you have gone through this article and you wish to apply, Click Here to Apply.