TownTalk Solutions Job Gender-Based Violence Case Officer Towntalk is recruiting for the position of Gender-Based Violence Case Officer 2021, the Organisation is inviting qualified and interested applicants to apply for this job.
About the job
SUMMARY: The responsibilities of a Gender-Based Violence Case Officer include handling sensitive information, preparing reports, and ensuring all referrals are attended to and cases appropriately closed.
- Provide GBV case management and psychosocial support to vulnerable persons, particularly survivors of gender-based violence.
- Case Management by assessment of needs, implementation of an action plan, and management of the action plan to ensure appropriate follow-up/revision and case closure when appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records, and beneficiaries’ files to maximize confidentiality and safety.
- Contribute to updates of mapping of service providers within the area of intervention to ensure that the team is informed of all relevant and available services.
- Provide appropriate referral services to survivors including emergency response services, medical services, legal support, technology tools, therapy support, volunteer networks, and others.
- Follow up all referred cases to ensure appropriate services have been provided to the survivor and report gaps in referral services to the GBV Manager for action.
- Prepare, engage and document case management technical meetings, case review meetings, and referral coordination meetings, if needed.
- Submit case management reports on a weekly and monthly basis or as assigned by the supervisors.
- Work in teams to conduct a quarterly analysis of GBV related incidences trends, referral gaps, and related information, and present reports to the GBV Case Manager.
- Attend Towntalk, SSAN other training accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCES
- Education to degree level in Psychology, Sociology, Gender Studies, Social Works, etc.
- 2 years of demonstrated experience in GBV case management.
- Experience in conducting service mapping and referral pathways
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Language: Speak, read and write in multiple local languages
- IT tools: Microsoft – Excel and PowerPoint, Sage, Power BI, etc.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Independence: Proactive and able to act independently while delivering tasks on time
- Problem-solving: Critical thinking, Analytical, and Problem-solving skills
- Team: Work effectively with a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
How to apply:
If you want to apply for this job Click here to apply