USA to Nigeria Embassy Job recruitment GSO Assistant -Housing Salary $37680 USA embassy to Nigeria is currently recruiting to fill vacant position of GSO Assistant Housing Employees of Mission – All/or USEFMs, EFMs or MOHs , all you have to do is go through this post carefully and take note of everything you are reading before you apply, do not apply for for this USA embassy to Nigeria Job recruitment without going through this article first to avoid mistakes.
About USA embassy to Nigeria Recruitment Job for GSO Assistant Housing 2020
- Announcement Number: Abuja-2020-040
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
- Position Title: GSO Assistant (Housing) – Employees of Mission – All/or USEFMs, EFMs or MOHs
- Open Period: 08/18/2020 – 09/21/2020 Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
- Series/Grade: FP – 0820 7
- Salary: USD $37,680
- Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Promotion Potential: FP-7
- Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Abuja, NI
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info: HR Section 09-461-4000 [email protected]
- RELATED POST: USA Embassy to Nigeria Recruitment Lead Automotive Mechanic Salary $37680
Job Overview USA embassy to Nigeria Recruitment 2020
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• Current Employees of the Mission – This includes U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); Declared Members of Household (MOHs), dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
The incumbent reports to the GSO. S/he coordinates major lease issues with OBO, landlords and contractors. Additionally, s/he assist with overall housing acquisition to include identifying properties, making recommendations on leases, coordinating make-ready scheduling among maintenance, RSO and warehouse staff as well as any contractors involved, and carrying out a final walk through of residence prior to occupancy.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years’ experience in overseas General Services Operation or one year experience in housing management operations is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of U.S. Housing standards, internal furnishings requirements is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Secondary School or high school diploma is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify in your application your level proficiency in the language listed.
LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge of English Language is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel package, Department of State Real Property Application (RPA) and good writing skills is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Per
- Degree with transcript
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.
For you to successfully apply for this usa embassy to Nigeria job/recruitment you will have to click on the usa embassy job/recruitment application portal 2020/2021, APPLY HERE
USA to Nigeria Embassy Job recruitment GSO Assistant -Housing Salary $37680