Nigeria Center For Disease Control NCDC is recruiting Job seekers Apply the Nigeria Center for Disease Control NCDC is recruiting interested applicants into Data Management Consultancy, all qualified and interested Applicants are advised to fill this Positions before the stipulated Deadline, you are advised to make do with this opportunity and get your self employed and also it will enable you to assit in curbing the Menace of this corona virus pandemic in the country as we know it today.
Brief Information About Nigeria Centre for Disease Control NCDC
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks.
Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system jointly developed between the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) to improve disease surveillance as well as detection and management of outbreaks and thus strengthen the public health service in Nigeria.
In addition, NCDC has also supported states in establishing Public Health Emergency Operations Centres for improved coordination of outbreak preparedness and response.
NCDC is investing resources in strengthening health security at the sub-national level including improving capacity to effectively prevent, detect and respond to infectious disease outbreaks.
Recruitment/Job Location or job area and also if you are not in Abuja or Lagos you Must be willing to relocate to either Abuja or Lagos.
Location: Lagos and FCT
Start Date: April 20, 2020
End Date: October 19, 2020
Employment type: Full time
The Responsibilities of the NCDC Data Officer Include
• Provide adequate support in the field for SORMAS application users to ensure the correct use of the system
• Support field test of app updates and revisions before deployment
• Ensure surveillance and outbreak data as authorized by NCDC are complete and up to date in the SORMAS platform
• Troubleshoot project device issues and provide real-time support and maintenance on project devices as assigned
• Maintain the SORMAS IT help line to address field challenges that are reported by officers from the field daily
• Identify and report any data management or IT issues to the IT experts for immediate resolution
• Develop and submit technical report following all SORMAS activities conducted to the SORMAS IT experts
• Installing the SORMAS software and configuring SORMAS hardwares
• Setting up accounts for new users as authorized by NCDC
• Provide technical support for the SORMAS project implementation and evaluation activities
• Perform other tasks assigned by the SORMAS IT Experts and the National Coordinator
At least 3 years’ experience in public health data management and IT support
Minimum of first degree in any discipline
Other requirements for the Job:
• Experience working with Surveillance Information System or Laboratory Information System or Electronic Medical Records tools will be an added advantage
• Good understanding of the of IDSR strategy and working knowledge of the DHIS-2
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, other data analysis and data visualization tools
• Good presentation and report writing skills
• Good technical and logical thought process
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
• Good understanding of patient data confidentiality principles
• A team player with good interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their resume and a cover letter addressing the job requirements as per the advertisement by email to [email protected] before COB April 17, 2020 using the Job title and the preferred state as the subject of the mail e.g. ‘’Data Officer- Lagos State’’
Note only successful candidates will be contacted and may be assigned to any state of the federation.
If you are finding it difficult applying for this Job please you are advised to use the comment box below to tell the challenges you are facing and we shall immediately help you out, Good luck to you.
- nigeria center for disease control
- center for disease control ncdc
- nigeria centre for disease control
- disease control ncdc
- centre for disease control ncdc